Mall Walking meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 8:30 AM in Food Court in front of Subway. These are free to attend and each month will be a different health topic presented by Family Health West.
Coffee and light snacks will be provided. If you haven't signed up for the program to begin receiving e-mails and newsletter you can sign up via the website or in the mall office and receive a free reusable tote bag with pedometer and water bottle.
September's Newsletter - Hydration Helper
Kara Griffith, Exercise Physiologist
Colorado Canyons Hospital & Medical Center Adult Rehabilitation
Last month we discussed ways to stay safe while remaining active in daily life and exercise while it’s blazing hot outside. Hopefully, you read the article and have prioritized the tip about staying hydrated. Let’s look a little closer at that advice!
- Drink about half your body weight in ounces:Take your weight and divide that number in half.That’s on average how many ounces of non-caffeinated and non-alcoholic fluids you should consume each day.
- That target number of ounces can fluctuate: drink more for increased activity, increased caffeine or alcohol intake, and you can get away with drinking less if you consume lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Consult with your physician if you have any medical conditions that may affect the amount of fluids you drink each day.
- Avoid or limit beverages that are high in sugar.This includes juices, sodas, smoothies, shakes, etc.
- Staying properly hydrated has many benefits including: blood pressure regulation, higher energy, better cognitive function, pain management, appetite control, as well as improved overall functioning of vital organs.
EXERCISE WITH US!
551 Kokopelli Blvd Suite J
AGE: Adaptive Group Exercise - Strengthening for all abilities
Mon, Wed, Fri @ 10 am
Back to Health: Core strengthening, stretching, and relaxation
Tues & Thur 7:30 am
Gentle Movement: Gentle range of movement, stretching, and relaxation
½ Hour Chair class
Wed & Fri 11 am
Melt: Gentle range of movement, stretching, and relaxation
50 min floor class
Try a class for free! No membership required. Drop-in punch passes are convenient to travel and come and go as you please!
As a reminder, the Mall Walker Meetings are taking a short break for the summer and will resume October 10th - so get outdoors and enjoy the sunshine with friends and family while you can! Of course the mall is always readily available for walking if you would like to coold down in-doors. We will be sure to send updated newsletters each month and meetings will resume in the fall!